Saturday, August 18, 2007

Some changes...

I apologize for the large span of time between this and the last informative post on this site. For a while it felt like nothing was happening in our lives, and now, all the sudden, it seems that nothing is the same.

As I am writing this I am in Prescott, Arizona, having just finished my graduate school orientation at Prescott College. I am currently equal parts terrified and excited to get started. Terrified because one of the other current students was telling us that in order to get her work done she would sleep from 12am -1am, then wake up and work till morning when she went off to work. Excited because this is a program that I get to design and follow my passions and study only things that I am interested in.

Other recent changes include:

Deidre getting a new job at Optimist Youth Homes and Family Services. She starts as a Teacher's Assistant on Sept. 5th. I'll let her tell you more about it when she gets a chance.

2 weeks ago I started teaching in the residential boys classroom at the Dream Center Academy. The boys are a bit of a handful, but I've discovered that I thrive on challenges, and LOVE having a job that keeps me on my toes. After years of working jobs just to pay the bills it is refreshing to have a job that is meaningful and stretching for me.

Along with both of our job changes our economic status has shifted as well. We are technically considered half-time missionaries at this point, as the position at the Dream Center is only paid half time, with the understanding that the rest will come from support. This has been (yet another) step of faith for Deidre and me, as we have already started working these jobs without the funding lined up. We just know that we are doing what we are supposed to be doing and that the Lord will take care of the rest.

Having said that, we are looking for a smaller apartment closer to our work in order to save on both rent and gas money. The idea of moving is not really appealing to either of us, but the shrinking budget makes cheaper cost of living a necessity. If you have any interest in supporting us let us know! We find ourselves in dire need of both prayer and financial support.

We will keep you updated as our lives progress in the coming months. It is good to be living in the reality that the Lord gives us the desires of our hearts, and that He actively leads us to where He has for us. Deidre and I both would never have imagined ourselves here a year ago, but we know that this is where we are supposed to be.
Thank you all for supporting us as we go.

2 comments:

  1. I'm excited for you guys! I have no doubts that God is going to use you deeply in the lives of those kids and everyone else around you! May His blessings of provision overwhelm you!

    ReplyDelete