Monday, July 14, 2008

Prayer

I'm really bummed right now. The hard part about being so immersed in ministry is that you really start to feel like a parent. Not that I know what's best for these kids, or have all the answers, but I really do care about them. Which is why when kids make dumb decisions it's really hard to stand by and watch. It's a great picture of Christ, but right now, unfortunately, that doesn't really make it feel any less sucky.

On Saturday night a student that I have been close to for the last 6 months, a student that I love a lot, that loves me a lot, decided that he didn't want to be in the discipleship program anymore, so he RAN from church... just left. I know it sounds a little anti-climatic but you have to understand that running away from the program is the same thing as deciding to get back into the drugs and alcohol and gangs and girls that he has been able to stay away from for the last 6 months. It makes me really sad because he was doing SO well. It was very much like he just gave into the attacks of the evil one. If you could join me in covering this little one with prayer I would appreciate it.

1 comment:

  1. You got it. I am so so sorry it is hard to see people you care about make wrong choices.
    Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete