Sunday, August 31, 2008

It has been an interesting week. Still no official word on Eli (although there is rumor that he is just partying with some friends here in LA, or with his brother). Sad Girl has made some really poor decisions but is still set on coming back to the program. Hopefully she can hold on for 23 more days.

In addition to that, four kids ran from the program yesterday - two boys and two girls. One of each came back, but the other two spent the night out on the streets together. They came back this morning and are both being dismissed from the program. My heart is so broken right now. The girl that is leaving is one that I was so close to. I see so much of myself in her. It is so hard to watch someone you love so much make so many of the same stupid decisions you made as a kid (a little taste of parenthood I guess). I just want her to believe that she is beautiful and valuable. But she doesn't. She thinks she is trash and that the world would just be better without her so she continually makes trashy decisions. If she could only she how precious she is I know she would choose life, but she doesn't. I knew she was going to run. On Thursday I told Cami that she would, I just didn't think it would come so soon. I thought I might have more time with her, but I don't. I am glad this is all coming out now. She is young and if she chooses to begin dealing with the lies that bind her now, she will discover freedom soon.
Her parents live a little ways away, so I did get to spend the morning with her and say goodbye. I just wish it could have been a happier ending. Her parents are sending her to a lock down facility now. It is hard to watch, but we all know it is what she needs. I just hope she believes in herself enough to actually make it through.

3 comments:

  1. What you are doing for these kids is invaluable! I know that it is difficult to watch them fail, when you see the road so clearly, but just remember that you are doing what you are called to do...
    "what you did for the least of these, you did for Me" ...well done Deidre.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love you friend!! thank you for loving them well: for pouring your life into their lives-- investing your story in their story. beyond what is seen you and Cami ARE marking them with Christ Himself. certainly nothing, nothing, nothing is beyond is power. Thank you for loving Him by loving them...he is the author and finisher...He's not done and their story isn't over. keep hoping on their behalf my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ... everything Bri said. Be on your guard against discouragement or despair. Keep speaking into the value and beauty you see in these kids you love, keep calling it out... that's what made you and me finally start to see it in ourselves. Fight for hope. I love you, Dre. You're where He put you, where He called you, where He's equipped you. Where He's sharing with you a taste of His love and His broken heart. Thanks for letting us know, dear friend, we'll stand with you in prayer!

    ReplyDelete