Monday, November 9, 2009

A Night with the Potters

In light of the fact that our blog has suffered gross neglect recently, I set a goal this weekend. Every Monday I am going to update our blog and if there is no new news on the Potter front, I will just highlight one of our students. So today comes, the first day and my intentions are good. After work I would make dinner, enjoy a leisurely meal with my family, go grocery shopping and then update the blog before reading a little and catching some z's.

But this is how my night went:

Dinner was thrown together quickly and my husband ended up eating in the car. He had to stay late at work to help search all the boys because rumor was one of them had an ounce of weed, but he left before he heard the outcome of the search because we had to be at our boss's house by 6 to watch their toddler and 4 foster children. After an eventful dinner with them, we headed straight for the grocery store still thinking the rest of the night would play out like planned. Cami, Oscar and I had a lot of fun at the grocery store and were all giggles on the way home until we got a call from one of our former students Ana. Her dad had just been arrested, leaving her younger brother and van stranded at the airport. So we quickly dropped off our groceries (couldn't let the milk spoil) then picked up Ana and her mom and drove to LAX. By the time we got there they had taken her dad away. So the ladies headed to the police station with the police and we took David (who had just returned from Mexico) home. Then I dropped Oscar and Cami off at home to work on English homework and hit the road again. Ana and her mom are now safely back at their homes and I have just returned to mine at 11:27 pm.

So I am still writing on the blog (I just set the goal two days ago, I can't compromise already) but I think the Potter update will have to wait until another day. It is way past my bedtime.


P.S. I do have a softball sized parasite growing in my lower abdomen. But more on that later.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the growth!!!! Katherine told me you were expecting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, glad you are trying to keep up a blog. I don't think it is ever easy. But I want you to know that I really enjoy reading it :)!!
    Praying for you. love mama potter

    ReplyDelete
  3. A what growing in your abdomen??? Say that again, please?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LAME... You would announce something this incredible with a "la la la... my day was dramatic as usual because of where God's called me... la la la... I'm tired now, so going to be... oh p.s. BAM, for anyone paying attention!" LAME, Deidre! But I like that you can call it what it really is instead of doctoring it up with cuteness and fluff about miracles and new life and stuff. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete